Physician Assistant JobWest Windsor, NJ 94806
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This JobInFocus Medical Associates is a full-service, provider staffed urgent care group offering high-quality and affordable medical care for a broad scope of illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. No appointment is necessary, patients can just walk-in from 10am to 8pm, 7 days a week. The company has a friendly staff providing a consumer-centric experience. InFocus clinics always have a provider on site in state-of-the-art facilities equipped with digital x-ray, lab, ECG and IV.
- Contributes to clinic's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies, interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A Master's degree and certification by Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner certifying body is required. Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions.
- ACLS and BLS certified.
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, primary care, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- The principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR).
- Relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- Non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses, and relevance to patient care.
- Current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time. Some bending and stooping is required.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.